Technical Program Manager
Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative individual to join our growing business of optical design services and optical system development. You will join a diverse staff to plan and execute development of new and cutting-edge products for our customers and for the Optikos product line. Our small company atmosphere (70 employees) is ideal for those who enjoy managing the full gamut of product development, from conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. The products you oversee are manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team!
A successful candidate has strong engineering background as well as a proven track record of leading technical development programs to produce new and novel products.
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record (7+ years) of leading technical programs in the optical, aerospace, or medical markets.
- Must be fluent in MS Project and comfortable managing multi-phase development projects with diverse technical teams.
- Experience with medical product or aerospace qualification is desirable.
- Individual must have a technical background, preferably in optics, physics, opto-electronics, electronics, or opto-mechanics. Individual will be both a technical contributor and program manager.
- Proven track-record of meeting program milestones and cost targets.
- Engineering degree; graduate degree is preferred
- Certification in Project Management is preferred
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.