A relatively new addition to the Meridian product family, the Sunfield provides a fixed array of bright objects (Sol projectors) against a black background to enable Glare Spread Function (GSF) measurements in a production environment. Like the Starfield, the Sunfield is tailored the specific requirements of each customer. It can be designed for one DUT type, or it can be designed to accommodate multiple DUT types with one system.
Features of the Sunfield platform include:
- A rigid, light-tight structure holds the Sol projectors at the required field angles. Sol projectors are easily removed from the Sunfield platform if needed.
- The DUT is introduced through an aperture in the floor of the unit. Quasi-kinematic features in the base assist the customer in placing the DUT correctly.
- All structure surface that is within the field of view of the DUT is coated with a high emissivity coating to minimize reflections and scattered light.
- Individual remote control of each projector’s illumination allows for testing at one field point at a time
- Can be configured with pneumatic shutters to cover projectors that are not in use to further reduce scattered light