Hands-on, expert camera and lens testing for all applications
Optikos IQ Lab™ Services offer top-tier, fast, and reliable camera and lens testing for all size projects and requirements. Our team of expert staff relies on industry knowledge and Optikos world-class metrology products to provide informative and accurate results on underperforming cameras and lenses, or to qualify the specifications of camera and lens systems—and do so with exceptional turnaround time.
Customers commonly come to IQ Lab Services when they face situations where:
- Lenses or cameras have blurred focus or are underperforming in sharpness
- Lenses or cameras are under performing based on customer requirements
- 3rd party qualification is required for lenses or cameras from a 3rd party supplier
- They are prototyping a lens model but need to evaluate assembly or design
- A bad lot of lenses were received and the issue needs to be diagnosed
- They have already utilized the Optikos Engineering Services Design Team and require engineering testing support at the same caliber
- A patent infringement investigation requires measuring a lens or camera
- Camera components must be tested
- Customers need to reverse engineer an off-the-shelf lens design
- In-depth performance characterization is required for off-the-shelf camera lenses and modules
Services We Provide
Infinite or Finite Conjugate Testing
Infinite or finite conjugate testing of afocal lenses.
Stray Light Testing
Stray light testing of lenses and cameras.
Optical inspection of camera or lens elements.
Testing Over Temperature
Testing over temperature from -40 C to 100 C.
Measurements We Offer:
When you drop your product off with an IQ Lab engineer, you’re leaving the job in the hands of the most qualified metrology testing experts around. IQ Lab Engineers can perform a series of different measurement types for a multitude of potential issues that result in poor lens or camera performance, including:
Image Quality Measurements on VIS/NIR Systems (All Conjugates) and IR Infinite Conjugate Systems:
- Paraxial EFL
- MTF On-/Off- Axis
- Through Focus MTF On-/Off- Axis
- Field Curvature
- Field Tilt
- Chief Ray Angle
- Encircled Energy
- Relative Illumination
What is MTF?
With the growing role played by optical devices in measurement, communication, and photonics, there is a clear need for characterizing optical components. A basic and useful parameter, especially for imaging systems, is the Modulation Transfer Function, or MTF. Over the past few decades technological advances, including the laser interferometer, high-speed imaging devices (CCD and CMOS Cameras), and advanced computer algorithms have revolutionized the measurement and calculation of MTF. This has made what was once a tedious and involved process into virtually an instantaneous measurement.
Results on your Timeline
IQ Lab Service jobs typically take approximately 2-4 weeks, and can be longer depending on the scope of the measurements. At the end of the project, our engineers will provide your team will a comprehensive IQ Lab system overview report of our findings of your unit under test.