US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is Required.
We are an established engineering company with a world-class offering of optical metrology products looking for a skilled software engineer to contribute towards the development of application code. This is a serious engineering position – not a fuzzy web-development opportunity! The person we are looking for will have strengths in programming applications that interface with peripheral hardware such as cameras, frame-grabbers, motion control systems etc, and a proven record writing creative bulletproof code. Mathematical aptitude (do you know what a fast Fourier transform is?) and experience with optics or image processing is a big plus. And if you can turn your hand to a little firmware programming then so much the better! This position reports to a senior software engineer, but requires a high degree of self-motivation as well as the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams. If you are this person and are looking for an opportunity to use your programming skills to write code that does something useful, then please contact us!
- Minimum of five-years of software development experience on Windows platforms using Microsoft C# and other .NET languages, and experience in using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or newer.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills are required.
- Strong experience in instrumentation development.
- Experience in programming computer device interfaces such as general I/O, serial communications, CANbus, Ethernet card, USB, FireWire etc.
- Experience Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is a plus.
- Experience in programming Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a plus.
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science or a relevant engineering or science degree.
- Experience or knowledge of optics, photonics, or image processing is preferred but not essential.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
- Write application software for instrumentation.
- Manage software development projects.
- Participate in engineering consulting projects.
- General maintenance, support, and improvement of existing product application code.
- Writing technical documentation such as user manuals for existing software products.
- Provide technical support to customers and projects on software related issues.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.