Senior Optical Engineer
Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative optical engineer to join our growing business of optical design services and optical system development. You will join a diverse engineering staff and develop new and cutting edge products for our customers and for the Optikos product line. Our small company atmosphere (70 employees) is ideal for those engineers who enjoy the full gamut of product development, from conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. You will build the products you design and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team!
A successful candidate has concrete and demonstrable engineering skills – a proven track record of development, analysis, and realization of his/her designs. We love to see examples of someone’s work and to dive into technical details!
About Optikos Corporation:
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record (7+ years) of innovative work with optical/electro-optical systems as both a technical contributor and project manager.
- A broad optical design skill set is required. Our development projects are diverse and require expertise in a wide variety of optically related subjects. Experience in some or all of the following is desired:
- Lens Design – UV to LWIR, preferable using Zemax OpticStudio
- Illumination Design/Non-sequential raytracing
- Physical Optics and Interferometry
- Conceptual Optomechanical design
- Enjoys hands-on work in the lab
- Build and test your own designs
- Experience with optical test equipment (interferometers, autocollimators, spectrophotometers, etc.)
- Degree in Optics or Physics; postgraduate degree is preferred although not necessary
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.