Senior Mechanical Engineer
Optikos has a talented group of engineers and we are looking for an exceptional person to join our team. We currently have an opening for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This is a key position within the organization as you will be providing mechanical engineering expertise to a wide variety of projects. Since many of our projects go from concept to production, we are looking for someone who is creative, highly analytical, and hands-on. In this fast-paced position, you will be involved in diverse optical engineering solutions within the consumer, medical, industrial and aerospace markets. You will be part of a team that designs, builds and ships state-of-the-art optically based instrumentation.
Our output extends from complex mechanical assemblies to mass-produced injection molded parts. The position represents an opportunity to define your own role within many exciting consulting projects as well as provide ongoing support of our line of optical metrology products.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design and develop optical systems
- Hands-on involvement in building, aligning, and debugging optical systems
- Review and approve optomechanical designs and drawings by peers in the engineering team
- Meet with customers throughout product development cycle
- Mentor younger engineers
- Support transition of documented designs to manufacturing
- Project management based on experience with optical system design
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years experience in mechanical engineering, 3+ years experience in a field involving precision engineering
- 3+ years experience in managing projects
- Experience with optical metrology and optical assembly is highly desired
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks
- Experience performing FEA is desired
- Experience working to drafting standards and employing GD&T
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 certified company
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, send us your resume.
Position In Wakefield, Massachusetts. Send resume to: email@example.com