US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative mechanical engineer to join our growing business of optical system development. You will join a diverse engineering staff and develop new and cutting edge products for our customers and for the Optikos product line. Our small company atmosphere (65 employees) is ideal for those engineers who enjoy the full gamut of product development: from conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. You will build the products you design and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team!
A successful candidate has concrete and demonstrable engineering skills – a proven track record of development, analysis, and realization of his/her designs. We love to see examples of someone’s work and to dive into technical details!
About Optikos – for over 35 years Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/opto-electrical system design, and we routinely design and manufacture new products for customers across all industries. Optikos is also the world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras). Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record (7+ years) of innovative work designing optomechanical assemblies and/or precision mechanisms
- Eager to tackle the most challenging mechanical design problems in the company
- A proven leader – technical lead, project lead, working directly with customers
designing systems incorporating some or all of the following:
o High precision motorized mechanisms
o Lens and mirror mounts – large and small
o Flexures and kinematic mounts
o Metal castings, plastic moldings, additive manufacturing
o Elegant product enclosures
o Design for Manufacture
o Production Systems and Automated Material Handling
- Experience with FEA, primarily static, modal, and thermal
- Expert in the use of SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Enjoys hands-on work in the lab. It is routine to build and test your own designs.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering; graduate degree is preferred but not required
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.