Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative Senior Instrumentation Engineer to expand our growing business, particularly in the area of automated test instrumentation for optical systems. You will join a diverse engineering staff and develop new and cutting edge products for our customers and for the Optikos product line. Our small company atmosphere (65 employees) is ideal for those engineers who enjoy the full gamut of product development from conceptualization, modeling and simulation, prototyping and laboratory testing, to manufacturing roll-out. You will build the products you design and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team!
A successful candidate has a proven track record of architecting complex products that result in functional hardware. You must be comfortable driving electrical system development in a multi-disciplinary team, as well as leading multi-phase projects while delivering on-time and on-budget results.
About Optikos – for over 35 years Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/opto-electrical system design, and we routinely design and manufacture new products for customers across all industries. Optikos is also the world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras). Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
- US Citizen
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record (7+ years) of innovative work with electro-mechanical and/or electro-optical systems as a technical contributor
to architect and drive development of complex electrical systems using a wide
array of technologies, including but not limited to:
- motion control systems
- optical sources and detectors
- embedded systems
- analog and digital circuits
- Ownership of regulatory/safety requirements – CE/UL certification, NEC NFPA 70, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and launching products
- Experienced in specification development and hands-on debugging of electrical systems
- Track record of successful program management in multi-phase programs. Must be comfortable with regular reporting of program status and maintaining budget and schedule.
broad systems design skill set is desired.
Our development projects are diverse and require expertise in a wide
variety of technical subjects. In
addition to the electrical system experience detailed above, experience in some
or all of the following is desired:
- Design principles for high-volume manufacturing
- Design principles for precision opto-mechanical systems
- Quality improvement methods
- Must be comfortable presenting complex technical subjects to internal and external customers
- Familiarity with OrCAD and SOLIDWORKS is preferred
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send resumes to: email@example.com