Optikos is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Senior Electrical Technician to join our exceptional optical systems manufacturing group. You will support Optikos standard product builds and a wide range of design projects—from medical diagnostics to defense system testing to virtual reality applications, to name just a few. Whatever you’re tasked with, be prepared to join a fast-paced team and to be continually challenged to think outside the box, troubleshoot issues, and know your equipment, processes and procedures inside and out.
For 35 years, Optikos has been a leader in producing metrology products for assessing the image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras), and we provide optically-based design and manufacturing for clients who need to solve an optical problem to produce their prototype or product and make it commercially viable.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Assemble and test a wide varietyof electrical and mechanical products (this is not assembly line work).
- Assemble and test cables and cable harnesses integral to our products.
- Assist engineering staff with prototype builds.
- Collaborate with engineering to implement product and process improvements.
- Learn from us and share your experiences.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in electro-mechanical assembly/test with great attention to detail.
- Proficient at soldering, crimping, and point-to-point wiring.
- PCB rework experience is a plus.
- IPC certification at some point in your career is preferred.
- Ability to read drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams to determine appropriate method and sequence of assembly.
- Basic computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel, MRP system.
- US citizenship or a permanent residency visa is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in small group settings to employees, clients, etc.
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Close vision and color vision
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and reaching
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work with chemicals such as acetone, alcohol, adhesives, etc.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.