US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Buyer. This position will have professional responsibility in the procurement of materials and equipment for Optikos. The Senior Buyer will be a self-starting, highly responsible and motivated person possessing the abilities and skillset to perform the role completely and accurately. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, interacting effectively with the team, co-workers, vendors, and business contacts in an efficient, courteous, engaging and professional manner forming strong internal and external partnerships.
About Optikos Corporation:
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the purchasing of optics and machined parts both domestically and internationally for multiple programs at a time
- Coordinate necessary product specification revisions and deviations as needed with Suppliers
- Maintain system accuracy, including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information, current purchase order data, etc.
- Obtain quotes by forwarding requirements to Suppliers
- Review requests for assigned materials, parts and/or services and verifies specifications with requester as necessary
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Manager on stock/non-stock items
- Assist other departments with problem resolution involving discrepancies between purchase order, delivered quantity, quality and/or price
- Review and modify demand forecasts for inventory items, purchasing systems, and reporting tools
- Investigate and respond to ISO Document Control’s queries concerning Vendor documentation
- Identify cost savings opportunities and assist in achieving yearly cost reduction targets set by Supply Chain Manager
- Work cross-functionally within the organization and other support functions such as R&D, Quality, Engineering, and Production
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience in Purchasing
- Experience in optics and a strong knowledge of ERP Systems
- Able to work cross-culturally with colleagues and suppliers throughout the world. Ability to lead projects, negotiate and multitask
- Strong administrative and data management skills
- Experience in delivering competitive advantage to the business through development and implementation of sourcing strategies
- Ability to meet deadlines in high volume environment
- Ability to work independently
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and electronic components is a plus
- Supply chain certification (CSCP, CPIM, CFPIM); is an added plus
If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.