Are you passionate about optical, optomechanical, or electro-optical engineering? Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a wide variety of engineering design and development projects? Optikos Corporation is seeking a skilled Sales Engineer for developing business opportunities for Optikos in the standard products, optical metrology services and engineering service area.
For nearly 30 years, Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/electro-optical system design. We have a very talented and dedicated group of engineers that develop innovative products for our customers in the medical, biomedical, aerospace, industrial, and consumer markets. The exposure to a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Optikos is also recognized as a world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices. Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for developing business opportunities for Optikos in the standard products, optical metrology services and engineering service area. Such opportunities may be with new or existing with government and commercial customers. The sales engineer prioritizes and develops business opportunities consistent with the Optikos strategy for business growth. Expertise in Optikos capabilities, technologies, processes, creative business development and strong customer relationships are essential attributes.
- Identify and activate new business opportunities consistent with the Optikos business growth strategy.
- Increase and cultivate business opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Focus effort to achieve yearly forecasted sales while building toward long-term sales growth.
- Communicate effectively in championing customer requirements and serving as the voice-of-the-customer within Optikos.
- Provide market direction and market information that enables Optikos to be pro-active in new product development.
- Exhibit expertise in Optikos estimation and quotation preparation while assimilating technical input from engineering. Demonstrate excellent presentation skills. Understand proposal parameters required to win key opportunities.
- Strategize and support methods to build optical metrology services and maintenance contract work.
- Effectively communicate customer feedback to the organization and assist in requirements and pricing determinations.
- Maximize customer communications through both personal visits and electronic/voice means and travel to customer sites and trade shows as an integrated business development effort.
- Optimization and improvement of the sales process including optimizing sales forecasting tools and quotation estimating tools.
- The Sales Engineer will: qualify and prioritize customer opportunities; determine personal and team travel requirements, customer and product demonstrations and service support; identify and prioritize sales activities.
- The Sales Engineer shall hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or sciences (optical engineering preferred)
- Five to ten years’ experience in sales, marketing, business development or program management related to precision instrumentation or products of comparable complexity to Optikos products.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required. If you are interested in the position listed above, please send your resume to: email@example.com