US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Optikos is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Opto-Mechanical Assembler to join our exceptional optical systems manufacturing group. You will support Optikos standard product builds and a wide range of design projects—from medical diagnostics to defense system testing to virtual reality applications, to name just a few. Whatever you’re tasked with, be prepared to join a fast-paced team and to be continually challenged to think outside the box, troubleshoot issues, and know your equipment, processes and procedures inside and out.
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Assemble a wide varietyof Optical and mechanical products.
- Assemble and integrate optical and mechanical components into opto-mechanical assemblies
- Assist engineering staff with prototype builds.
- Learn from us and share your experiences.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in opto-mechanical assembly with great attention to detail.
- Experience handling, inspecting, and cleaning optics.
- Familiarity with handling ESD sensitive components a plus.
- Ability to read drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams to determine appropriate method and sequence of assembly.
- Basic computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel, MRP system.
- US citizenship or a permanent residency visa is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in small group settings to employees, clients, etc.
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Close vision and color vision
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and reaching
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work with chemicals such as acetone, alcohol, adhesives, etc.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: email@example.com.