Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative individual to support the broad range of metrology products and services that Optikos has to offer. In this role, you will become proficient in the use of high-value, complex optical metrology systems to test the image quality of lens and camera assemblies, and you will lead the build, test, and installation of these systems. You will also help lead efforts to work with our production and product development teams to improve and expand our standard products.
A successful candidate for this position has a solid foundation of electronics, physics, or optics knowledge and an eagerness to learn anything and everything about the field of optical metrology. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and eager to learn on-the-job. Our small company atmosphere (60 employees) is ideal for those individuals who enjoy the full range of a product life-cycle – from working with our production team to build components and optimize processes, to engaging with customers about their needs, to traveling around the globe supporting systems at customer sites.
- Perform image quality measurement services of lenses, optical assemblies, and camera systems
- Interface with customers to identify their requirements and determine appropriate configurations of Optikos products
- Lead, coordinate the build and qualification of multiple complex optical systems in parallel
- Travel to laboratory and production facilities worldwide to install products and train our customers on proper operation of the equipment
- Maintain training and support documentation to assist customers with the use of their Optikos products
- Support the production group and assist with process and documentation improvements
- Support R&D group with improvements to existing products and development of new products
- Associates Degree in Optics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering (Bachelors Preferred)
- Experience working with opto-mechanical hardware in an engineering lab environment
- Interested in and capable of domestic and international travel (10-20% travel time expected under normal circumstances)
- Highly motivated and capable of independent direction, problem solving, & troubleshooting
- Strong technical writing ability and effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Experience writing Python scripts desired
About Optikos Corporation:
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.