Operations Project Manager
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Optikos is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Project Manager to join our exceptional optical systems manufacturing group. This role will be responsible for the planning and tactical execution of product lines being designed and manufactured. Whatever you’re tasked with, be prepared to join a fast-paced team and to be continually challenged to think outside the box, troubleshoot issues, and know your equipment, processes and procedures inside and out.
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Direct and coordinate project development and production activities and manage the technical and administrative execution of projects.
- Responsible for developing detailed manpower plans, budgets and milestones, and supervision/execution of projects against such budgets, including all internal and customer report preparation.
- Responsible for the successful completion and transition of designs, equipment and technology from engineering to the production facility in accordance with project milestones.
- Provide technical guidance to manufacturing personnel.
- Create and maintain project plans including lead–time calculations, cost estimates, resource planning, and risk analysis.
- Communicate plans to management, sales and marketing, staff and customers. Interface with manufacturing, engineering, sales, quality, and management to coordinate communication of progress and problem resolution when required.
- Plans, schedules and manages the new product development, sustaining and upgrading projects for existing products.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or engineering and 5 years of experience in engineering and project management.
- A solid background and detailed knowledge of fabrication, production, clean rooms, testing, and inspection of precision components.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with total quality principles and ISO standards highly desired.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Projects.
- Must have demonstrated ability to negotiate with individuals and functions.
- Need to be able to motivate and facilitate individuals and teams
- Need to be a strong problem solver, able to differentiate the important from the urgent and prioritize
- Opto-mechanical experience preferred.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: email@example.com.