Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and creative mechanical designer to join our growing business of optical system development. The successful candidate will work with Optikos mechanical and optical engineers to develop CAD solid models and detailed drawings in support of the design of precision optical devices and mechanisms. Optikos maintains a “hands-on” work environment in which the candidate may contribute to the creation of assembly work instructions and documentation as well as inspection, assembly and characterization of prototype systems. The candidate should be prepared to provide a minimum of three references and a portfolio or other examples of previous work.
About Optikos – for over 30 years Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/opto-electrical system design, and we routinely design and manufacture new products for customers across all industries. Optikos is also the world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras). Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting mechanical design of high-precision mechanical and electromechanical parts and assemblies
- Demonstrated expertise with SolidWorks solid modeling and detailing; PDMWorks experience desired
- Proficiency with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Good communication skills, team player, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Experience in design of optical systems and precision mechanisms
- Basic machining skills for operation of standard shop equipment
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send resumes to: email@example.com