Optikos is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our optical systems manufacturing group. You will support Optikos standard product builds and a wide range of design projects—from medical diagnostics to defense system testing to virtual reality applications, to name just a few.
For 37 years, Optikos has been a leader in producing metrology products for assessing the image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras), and we provide optically-based design and manufacturing for clients who need to solve an optical problem to produce their prototype or product and make it commercially viable.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Support the Manufacturing Team: provide technical expertise, evaluate and solve production problems, lead training activities, etc.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and engineering to implement product and process improvements.
- Work with R&D to transition products from engineering to production
- Assist manufacturing and engineering with prototype builds
- Learn from us and share your experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment building complex mechanical, opto-mechanical, or electro-mechanical devices
- Involvement in
transitioning a product from engineering prototype to production, which at a
- Determining efficient assembly processes
- Designing and building assembly and test fixtures
- Assembly documentation (work instructions, schematics, etc.)
- Process and product verification
- Desired experience in
some or all of the following areas with the associated equipment:
- Precision mechanisms, in some cases with automated motion
- Electrical troubleshooting with a multimeter or oscilloscope
- Optical alignments using an autocollimator, alignment telescope, microscope, or other optical instrument
- Lens assembly, in some cases using an air bearing centering station
- Understanding of GD&T on mechanical and optical drawings
- Experience reading wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Experienced user of SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work in a team environment within a diverse group
- US citizenship or a permanent residency visa is required
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org