©Optikos Corporation 2016
Trademarks owned by Optikos
Below is a list of United States trademarks owned by Optikos Corporation. Failure of a mark to appear on this page does not mean that Optikos does not use the mark nor does it mean that the product or service is not actively marketed and sold. Trademarks that are followed by ® are registered trademarks of Optikos in the United States and those followed by ™ are trademarks or common law marks of Optikos in the United States.
- IQ Lab™
Using “Optikos” as a company name
- “Optikos” is both a word mark and a house mark.
- Avoid using the mark in the possessive. Example: The Optikos team of engineers is highly-trained and educated. (Incorrect: Optikos’s team of engineers…)
Proper use of Optikos taglines
The following are house marks. Use the full slogan; each word should appear in the same font (typeface and size).
- The Optical Engineering Experts™
- Anywhere Light Goes™
Proper use of Optikos product names
- The first use of each Optikos® product name mentioned in communications must be attributed or identified in a footnote that is located either on the same page/screen where the trademark is used, or in a legal section of the document or site in which it is referenced. Example: Optikos, OpTest and VideoMTF are registered trademarks of Optikos Corporation.
- The most prominent (usually the first) reference in text to all Optikos product names should be followed by the proper trademark symbol. The proper symbol for registered product names is ®. The proper symbol for product names which are the subject of pending applications or are used in accordance with common law trademark principles is ™. Examples: Optikos® LensCheck™ Systems offer state-of-the-art metrology and testing functions.
- Always distinguish the mark typographically from surrounding text; we have chosen to use italics for the trademarked word. Example: IQ Lab™ Services
- A product name should be used as an adjective describing a noun that is a generic description of the product or service. The product name should be used in a singular form. Example: Meridian® camera testing hardware may be designed to accommodate a number of different target projectors.
- Do not change the form of the product name, including capitalization or punctuation. Example: LensCheck™ Instrument
Optikos Corporation and its technical staff have established an impressive track record of developing and helping clients defend their intellectual property. Over 70 patents have been issued to Optikos personnel. Many of these patents are assigned to client companies. We understand the importance of proprietary technology and its role is providing competitive advantages to our clients and our own product development. Optikos personnel have participated in the prosecution of patents, their legal defense, and as an expert during litigation.