Inventory Control Specialist
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Optikos is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Inventory Control Specialist to join our exceptional optical systems manufacturing group. You will be in charge of all inventory tasks, manage inventory tracking, counting and organizing our components and finished goods for products for our organization. Whatever you’re tasked with, be prepared to join a fast-paced team and to be continually challenged to think outside the box, troubleshoot issues, and know your equipment, processes and procedures inside and out.
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Cycle count twice a week and preparing cycle count metrics
- Kitting material to the production job
- Moving material and signing off the Production Travelers daily
- Managing the inventory room and keeping it orderly
- Evaluate the current practices and implement new techniques to improve efficiency
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very organized and strong problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel, MRP system.
- US citizenship or a permanent residency visa is required.
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and reaching
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: email@example.com.