US Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required for this Position
We are an established engineering company with a world-class offering of optical metrology products, looking for a skilled software engineer with hands-on experience to contribute towards the development of firmware code. The person we are looking for will use their strengths in embedded programming in many of our new and existing optical metrology instruments. The successful candidate will have a keen mathematical aptitude, a history of developing optimized control and analysis algorithms, and a proven record writing creative bulletproof code. Experience with robotics, cameras, and image processing are big pluses, but are not essential. This position reports to a senior software engineer in our R&D department, and requires a high degree of self-motivation as well as the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams. If this describes you and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to use your firmware programming skills to write code that does something useful, then please contact us!
- Minimum of three years of firmware development experience using compiled C code on Microchip PIC Microcontrollers using MPLab IDEs.
- Expertise utilizing direct memory access (DMA), hardware interrupt routines, and function pointer programming skills.
- Experience programming CANbus, UART, SPI, I2C, etc communications.
- Hands on experience with programming some of the following: motion controllers, LCD displays, DACs, A/Ds, I/O controls, PWM controls, PID loops.
- Experience in a full cycle of instrumentation development.
- Experience in programming computer device interfaces such as general I/O, serial communications, CANbus, Ethernet card, USB, FireWire etc.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net programming is a plus.
- FPGA programming is a plus.
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science or a relevant engineering or science degree.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
- Write firmware for new and existing instrumentation, mostly on Microchip PIC devices.
- Collaborate with Electronic Engineering in the concept and design phases for new control circuitry.
- Manage software development projects.
- Participate in engineering consulting projects.
- General maintenance, support, and improvement of existing product application code.
- Writing technical documentation such as user manuals and interface documents.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers on software related issues.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.