Field Support Engineer
Optikos Corporation is seeking a skilled Field Support Engineer to install our optical metrology product line at customer locations worldwide, and provide on-site customer training and support. If you are an optical engineer who gets excited about sharing your knowledge with others, and are looking for an opportunity to combine international travel with your passion for optics, this might be the career for you!
For nearly 30 years, Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/electro-optical system design. Optikos is recognized as a world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices. Our very talented and dedicated group of engineers develops innovative products in the medical, biomedical, aerospace, industrial, and consumer markets. The exposure to a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
At Optikos, we are all about doing what it takes to make our customers happy. A large part of our strategy to meet that goal is supporting our customers where they need it – in their labs, on their production floors, at their side. As a Field Support Engineer at Optikos, you will travel extensively to global customer locations to:
- Install and calibrate Optikos metrology products
- Implement software/hardware upgrades on previous versions of Optikos metrology products
- Provide on-site training for new software or hardware installations
- Perform on-site demonstrations of our product capabilities for potential customers
When not traveling, the Field Support Engineer will be a contributing member of our in-house Optical Measurement Services department, where your responsibilities will include:
- Performing various optical measurements on customer supplied lenses and lens assemblies
- Interfacing with the engineering and production teams to coordinate and manage the schedule of future installations
- Assisting in the development of service and maintenance agreements between Optikos and its customers
- Providing feedback and support to the product development team for future product improvements
- Bachelor’s degree (or greater) in engineering or sciences (electrical/optical engineering or equivalent experience preferred).
- 3+ years’ experience in optical engineering, preferably including customer interactions and experience with optical metrology and optical system design and manufacture
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to quickly grasp and utilize technical concepts.
- Ability to manage priorities and optimally work in a fast paced, challenging environment with dead-lines
- Candidate must be willing/able to travel extensively.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required. If you are interested in any of the positions listed above, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org