US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and data-driven individual to join our growing business of optical design services and optical system development.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor; as well as analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs. The position also requires weekly updating of project status reports.
A successful candidate has a solid foundation of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, excellent analytical skills and a sound understanding of accounting principles.
About Optikos – for over 37 years Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/opto-electrical system design, and we routinely design and manufacture new products for customers across all industries. Optikos is also the world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras). Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
- Minimum of 5 solid years of Cost Accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background, excellent analytical skills, and sound understanding of accounting principles
- Computer literate—strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with MAPICS a plus
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- A personal interest in technology and engineering sufficient to understanding the functioning of our products is helpful
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.