US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is Required.
Optikos is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technician, or Senior Electro-Mechanical Technician, to join our optical systems manufacturing group. You will support Optikos standard product builds and a wide range of design projects—from medical diagnostics to defense system testing to virtual reality applications, to name just a few. Whatever you’re tasked with, be prepared to join a fast-paced team and to be continually challenged to think outside the box, troubleshoot issues, and know your equipment, processes and procedures inside and out.
About Optikos: For over 36 years, Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/opto-electrical system design, and we routinely design and manufacture new products for customers across all industries. Optikos is also the world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras). Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Assemble and test a wide variety of electrical and mechanical products (this is not assembly line work).
- Assemble and test cables and cable harnesses integral to our products.
- Assist engineering staff with prototype builds.
- Collaborate with engineering to implement product and process improvements.
- Learn from us and share your experiences.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electro-mechanical assembly/test with great attention to detail.
- Proficient at soldering, crimping, and point-to-point wiring.
- PCB rework experience is a plus.
- IPC certification at some point in your career is preferred.
- Ability to read drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams to determine appropriate method and sequence of assembly.
- Basic computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel, MRP system.
- US citizenship or a permanent residency visa is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in small group settings to employees, clients, etc.
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Close vision and color vision
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and reaching
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work with chemicals such as acetone, alcohol, adhesives, etc.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send resumes to: email@example.com.