US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is Required.
Optikos is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technician, or Senior Electro-Mechanical Technician, to join our optical systems manufacturing group. You will support Optikos standard product builds and a wide range of design projects—from medical diagnostics to defense system testing to virtual reality applications, to name just a few. Whatever you’re tasked with, be prepared to join a fast-paced team and to be continually challenged to think outside the box, troubleshoot issues, and know your equipment, processes and procedures inside and out.
About Optikos: For over 37 years, Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/opto-electrical system design, and we routinely design and manufacture new products for customers across all industries. Optikos is also the world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras). Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Assemble and test a wide variety of electrical and mechanical products including high and low volume assembly work.
- Assemble and test cables and cable harnesses integral to our products.
- Assist engineering staff with prototype builds.
- Collaborate with engineering to implement product and process improvements.
- Learn from us and share your experiences.
- High School Graduate, Technical School or College Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years Electro-Mechanical Assembly and Test is Highly Desirable
- Attention to detail, takes pride in his/her work, team player
- Ability to build cables and electro-mechanical assemblies required
- Use of hand tools required and light machine shop experience a plus
- Familiarity with Volt Meters, Oscilloscopes, and other tools required for Basic AC/DC troubleshooting
- Soldering experience (IPC) required: minimum of 2 years, SMT, fine pitch, IPC Solder Certification preferred
- PCB rework experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Loctites and adhesives
- Proficient at crimping and point-to-point wiring
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal instruction (able to think on your feet)
- Knowledge of/ability to identify electronic components
- Board and system level testing/measurements including troubleshooting to board/component level
- Reading and comprehending mechanical drawings for mechanical assembly and inspection of parts (PDF/Solid Works)
- Ability to read electronic assembly diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams and written work instructions to determine appropriate method and sequence of assembly
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work in a team environment within a diverse group
- Knowledge of, and ability to follow, company ISO and ESD procedures required
- Basic computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel, MRP system
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in small group settings to employees, clients, etc.
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Close vision and color vision
- Must be able to stand, bend, sit, occasionally lift and move (max 40 lb.), use hands/arms to install wiring and components, and reach as needed to perform the essential functions of the position
- Ability to work with chemicals such as acetone, alcohol, adhesives, etc.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send resumes to: email@example.com.