US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is Required.
Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative individual to support the broad range of metrology products and services that Optikos has to offer. In this role, you will become proficient in the use of high-value, complex optical metrology systems to test the image quality of lens and camera assemblies, and will grow into a role in which you manage and lead the build, test, and installation of these systems. In time you will also help lead efforts to work with our production and product development team to improve and expand our standard products.
A successful candidate for this position has a solid foundation of electronics, physics, or optics knowledge and an eagerness to learn anything and everything about the field of optical metrology. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and eager to learn on-the-job. Our small company atmosphere (60 employees) is ideal for those individuals who enjoy the full range of a product life-cycle – from working with our production team to build components and optimize processes, to engaging with customers about their needs, to traveling around the globe supporting systems at customer sites.
About Optikos: For over 35 years, Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/opto-electrical system design, and we routinely design and manufacture new products for customers across all industries. Optikos is also the world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras). Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
- Perform image quality measurement services for lenses, optical assemblies, and camera systems
- Interface with customers to identify their requirements and determine appropriate configurations of Optikos products
- Lead and coordinate the build and qualification of multiple complex optical systems in parallel
- Travel to laboratory and production facilities worldwide to install products and train our customers on proper operation of the equipment
- Maintain training and support documentation to assist customers with the use of their Optikos products
- Support the production group and assist with process and documentation improvements
- Support R&D group with improvements to existing products and development of new products
- Associate’s Degree in Optics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering (Bachelor’s Preferred)
- Experience working with opto-mechanical hardware in an engineering lab environment
- Interested in and capable of domestic and international travel (10-20% travel time)
- Highly motivated and capable of independent direction, problem solving, and troubleshooting
- Strong technical writing ability and effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Experience writing Python scripts desired
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org