US Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required for this Position
We are an established engineering company with a world-class offering of optical metrology products, looking for a skilled software engineer to contribute towards the development of application code that controls metrology instrumentation. You will join a diverse engineering staff and contribute to new and cutting edge products for our customers and for the Optikos product line.
Our engineers enjoy the full gamut of product development, from conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing for use in consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace, virtual reality and other applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team.
This is a serious engineering position–not a fuzzy web-development opportunity! The person we are looking for will have strengths in programming applications that interface with peripheral hardware such as cameras, frame-grabbers, motion control systems, etc, and a proven record writing creative bulletproof code. Mathematical aptitude (do you know what a fast Fourier transform is?) and experience with optics or image processing is a big plus. This position reports to a software engineering manager, and requires a high degree of self-motivation as well as the ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to use your programming skills and meet these requirements, then please contact us!
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Develop application and embedded software
- Participate in engineering service projects
- General maintenance, support, and improvement of existing product application code
- Provide technical support to customers and projects on software related issues
- Minimum of three years of software development experience on Windows platforms using Microsoft C# and other .NET languages, and experience in using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or newer
- Expertise in GUI is a plus.
- Strong experience in instrumentation development
- Experience in programming computer device interfaces such as general I/O, serial communications, CANbus, Ethernet card, USB, FireWire, etc.
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science or a relevant engineering or science degree
- Experience or knowledge of optics, photonics, or image processing is preferred.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience writing firmware is a plus.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send resumes to: email@example.com.