US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is Required.
Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative individual to join our growing business of optical design services and optical system development. You will join a diverse engineering staff and develop new and cutting edge products for our customers and for the Optikos product line. Our small company atmosphere (60 employees) is ideal for those engineers who enjoy the full gamut of product development, from conceptualization, modeling, and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. You will build the products you design and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team!
A successful candidate has a solid foundation of optical knowledge and an eagerness to learn anything and everything about optics. You must be creative and inquisitive, a quick study, receptive to feedback, and willing to learn on-the-job. Excellent communication skills are mandatory, technical writing samples are encouraged.
About Optikos – for over 36 years Optikos has built and maintained a reputation as experts in the area of optical/opto-electrical system design, and we routinely design and manufacture new products for customers across all industries. Optikos is also the world leader in the production of metrology equipment for assessing image quality of optics and electro-optical devices (cameras). Our engineering team continues to improve existing product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe.
- Highly motivated individual capable of independent direction, problem solving, and troubleshooting
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Enjoys hands-on work in the lab
- Build and test mechanical and optical designs
- Experience with optical test equipment (interferometers, autocollimators, spectrophotometers, etc.)
- Familiar with proper optics handling
- Effective communications skills, including technical writing
- Write test reports, work instructions, communicate between interdisciplinary teams of engineers
- Familiarity with optical design software (Zemax OpticStudio preferred)
- Degree in Optics or Physics
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Please send your resume to: email@example.com