Optikos is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative individual to join our growing business of optical design services and optical system development. You will join a diverse engineering staff and develop new and cutting edge products for our customers and for the Optikos product line. Our small company atmosphere (65 employees) is ideal for those engineers who enjoy the full gamut of product development, from conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. You will build the products you design and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team!
A successful candidate has a solid foundation of optical knowledge and an eagerness to learn anything and everything about optics. You must be creative and inquisitive, a quick study, receptive to feedback, and willing to learn on-the-job. Excellent communication skills are mandatory, technical writing samples are encouraged.
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
- Highly motivated individual capable of independent direction, problem solving, & troubleshooting
- Attention to detail, capable of following written instructions
- Enjoys hands-on work in the lab
- Build and test mechanical and optical designs
- Experience with optical test equipment (interferometers, autocollimators, spectrophotometers, etc.)
- Familiar with proper optics handling
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing
- Write test reports, work instructions, communicate between interdisciplinary teams of engineers
- Familiarity with optical design software (Zemax OpticStudio preferred)
- Degree in Optics or Physics
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Please send resume to: email@example.com