|Job Title: Quality Manager||Position Title: Quality Manager|
|Reports to: Director of Operations||Position Type / Hours: Full time|
|Department: Operations||Prepared by: JStone|
|Date: August 2020|
About Optikos Corporation:
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
Optikos is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Quality Manager to join our exceptional team.
This position is responsible for all aspects of Quality. This position will work closely with coworkers to support development and implementation of quality standards for Engineering and manufacturing. This position is accountable for providing leadership to ensure that all Quality systems, procedures and training activities are consistent with company-wide Quality initiatives and objectives to facilitate continuous improvement of our manufacturing and service processes.
We are seeking an individual to join our team as Quality Manager. The successful candidate will serve a central role in the growth of the organization, providing management in the areas of Quality Assurance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and maintain the quality system and compliance to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016
- Implement quality policies throughout the organization
- Assist in implementing best quality practices on the manufacturing floor
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a Quality plan
- Develop Quality Systems and processes into compliance with Corporate quality standards and system requirements
- Develop and grow the Quality capabilities of the company through the development and deployment of standards, processes and best practices
- Provide training of the quality system to coworkers throughout the company
- Drive continuous improvement efforts including statistical capability, audits and corrective actions, and Quality performance metrics
- Lead, and participate in cross-functional teams to achieve strategic objectives
- Write and lead the creation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Generate quality reports to Operations and upper management as required.
- Serve as the organization’s single point contact for quality and reliability matters as they pertain to customers, prospective customers, and vendors.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University required, degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) a plus
- Prior Quality experience in Design and/or Process /Manufacturing
- Experience in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a quality role. Experience does not have to be at the management level.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated initiative and aptitude to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- TQM, Lean, Six Sigma experience preferred.