US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
We are looking to employ a detail-oriented and experienced Production Planner to create, modify, and manage production schedules. The Production Planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
To be successful as a Production Planner, you should be knowledgeable of material requirements planning and able to manage production deadlines. Ultimately, an exceptional Production Planner should demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills to ensure that production operations run smoothly.
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates purchase orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimates the amount of material, equipment, and labor required for production.
- Promptly addresses and resolves production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinates production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Recommends viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Develops plans for streamlining processes so that operations may flow more smoothly
- Effects changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Compiles status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Promptly informs the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
- Prepares reports detailing anticipated production goals and metrics
- Revises schedules as needed to accomplish certain benchmarks in the manufacturing process
- Performs time studies in order to determine how long certain tasks take
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field is preferred.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience working as a Production Planner and understands the manufacturing process thoroughly.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software. (Specifically Syspro software)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Easily motivates others and is flexible and able to react to changes as needed.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in small group settings to employees, clients, etc.
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Close vision and color vision
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and reaching
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work with chemicals such as acetone, alcohol, adhesives, etc.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: email@example.com.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.