Optikos is seeking an experienced professional in mechanical design and document control to join our growing business of opto-mechanical design services and optical system development. You will collaborate with the mechanical engineering group to generate drawings, manage our PDM system and implement our document control policies. There is opportunity within this role for innovation and mechanical component design based on your skills and interests.
Our small company atmosphere (60+ employees) is ideal for those who enjoy the full gamut of product development, from system architecture and conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. You will participate in the build of products you design and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team!
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
- Create mechanical drawings for components and assemblies with associated tolerances, notes, revision tables and bills of material
- Manage SolidWorks PDM Pro documentation control system
- Interface with SysPro ERP for release of parts to procurement
- Document and process Engineering Change Orders
- Mechanical component design, based on interest and skill
- Experience working to drafting standards
- Familiar with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- 3+ years of work experience or Associate Degree in engineering
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks
- Demonstrated expertise in Document Control and PDM system management
- Experience with ERP systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic team member who is willing to learn
Optikos offers competitive compensation, excels at innovation, and provides a dynamic, creative and cooperative work environment. Come join our team of extraordinary individuals!
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Please send resume to: email@example.com