US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to assist in facility operations, repairs, maintenance, and project work for warehouse/production facilities and office space.
About Optikos Corporation:
For 40 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Testing Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, automotive and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide maintenance and repair services for facilities, equipment, building systems, fixtures and furnishings as assigned.
- Handle building-equipment emergencies along with scheduling preventative maintenance on an ongoing basis and serve as a liaison between company employees and outside contractors called in to fix problems.
- Assist with the facilitation of the moving and installation of office furniture and equipment;
- Act as the point-of-contact for all facility and maintenance related issues.
- Perform routine maintenance or minor office repairs as needed.
- Work with internal staff, external vendors, landlord as it pertains to each project
- Manage/assist in repair requests, inventory/organization of equipment and facilities
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2-3 years facility maintenance experience
- Effective organization, time management, attention to detail, follow-through, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Requires independent work/self-starter with good judgment.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects.
- Fast paced environment; must be able to adapt to what is needed.
If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. Local candidates only. No relocation provided. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.