Optikos is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Director of Finance to join our exceptional team. You will drive the company towards increased profitability and cash flow while partnering with our senior management team and other company leadership on business strategies and growth plans.
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® Corporation has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems.
We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve our existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Optikos provides contract manufacturing services to a diverse client base of commercial, industrial, medical, scientific, and defense manufacturers. Our manufacturing capability leverages our expertise in precision optical system design, assembly, and qualification and over thirty years of experience in optically-based product design. Our headquarters is centrally located in Wakefield, MA within the Boston medical and tech hub.
- Manage annual financial planning process and budgets, forecasting including financial systems, cash flow and banking relationships
- Direct the company’s strategic planning initiatives and help to build out strong practices around FP&A.
- Demonstrate strong financial stewardship. Manage resource allocation, monitor company expenditures and help review and negotiate customer and vendor agreements
- Oversee internal and external financial reporting & set accounting policy, establish best practices for internal controls.
- Accurate and timely reporting to financial institutions.
- Set pricing guidelines and review quotes to drive margin.
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions
- Provide support on various operational tasks including P&L and financial projections, pricing and valuation models and company presentations
- Hands-on ownership of the company’s accounting function, including payroll, revenue management, A/P, A/R, costing, asset management, and taxes
- Manage company cash position through cost containment and favorable customer Terms and Conditions.
- Manage the company’s banking relationship.
- This position reports to the President/CEO.
- Minimum of 5+ years of corporate finance experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Experience leading a finance team.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit/loss, balance sheet, and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Able to form strong partnerships with the executive team
- Desire to work in a dynamic growing company and effective at resolving problems
- High intellectual capacity, particularly in an analytical and strategic context
- BS in a related field, CPA & MBA a plus
- Strong ERP skills essential.
- Familiarity with FAR and CAS helpful.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. No relocation available – local candidates only. Please send resumes to: email@example.com
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.