The Optical Engineering Experts®–Optikos develops and manufactures standard and custom metrology products for measuring lenses, camera systems and ophthalmic components; and offers in-house IQ Lab™ testing and qualification services. Our engineering teams provide expert design and manufacturing for optically-based product development in any industry or application, including medical devices and diagnostics, aerospace and defense, automotive and consumer electronics.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for recommending new human resources policies, approaches and procedures and ensuring that the administration, coordination, and evaluation of plans and programs are realized. This is a hands-on position that encompasses recruitment, compensation and benefits, evaluations, and overall policies and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with department managers to create job descriptions; post jobs; manage recruiters, college recruitment programs, and other resources (LinkedIn, Craigslist, Indeed, social media); and conduct initial screening and interviews
- Implement and revise compensation program; conduct salary benchmarking; and develop company salary budget
- Manage evaluation program and ensure that evaluations are conducted on a timely basis
- Develop and implement effective on-boarding program including new employee orientations; oversee exit interviews
- Provide employee relations counseling
- Oversee benefits and manage relationships with providers (payroll, health, life, 401k, etc.)
- Maintain payroll and vacation records
- Maintain company handbook on policies and procedures
- Maintain company directory and other organizational charts
- Coordinate international travel visas, passports and Green Cards as needed
- Work with Events Manager to build strong employee activity and relationship-building program
- Department of Labor compliance as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent decision-making, strategic thinking, leadership and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail are needed in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or concentration in HR-related coursework
- Professional HR certification
- Minimum of five years’ experience in small to mid-sized organizations ($25+ MM)
- Familiarity with HR database helpful
- Uses discretion and good judgment dealing with confidential information
- Experience recruiting and hiring technical/scientific professionals preferred
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is Required.
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation based on experience. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.